Friday, February 29, 2008

frustration/could winter be over?

I know, I know - I should quit my bitchin', but I'm just so frustrated lately! I have been in the 170s for THREE MONTHS, which is just wrong. I just cannot seem to get out of them! I was briefly teased by the 160s, but then they were cruelly snatched away from me. And this week, I have remained static yet again. I mean, before Christmas, I lost weight at the rate of 6 lbs./month, and to have it come to this virtual standstill is making me want to tear my hair out. Since before Christmas, I have only lost 5 additional pounds. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhh! Something's really gotta change soon, or I'm afraid I'll lose all hope of losing any more weight.

In happier news, we finally have a sunny, relatively warm day!! That makes me so incredibly happy - it's something we've been desperately needing here. And it's only looking up from here in the forecast. The next couple of days are supposed to be in the 60s! Shut up! It's almost more than I can bear. :) Nick will get some much-needed time in the park, to just run off his energy and have a blast. Could this winter of our discontent finally be on its way out the door? I can only hope...

My Timmy-friend will be here either tonight or tomorrow morning, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Oh Amy, I am really sorry. I know your pain. I was so good last week and stayed the same. What a bummer. but I am hoping the loss will show up next week. We shall see. i am sure your loss will appear this coming Friday. It seems like you are going through somewhat of a plateau, which is most discouraging. Don't give up! I am willing to bet you are losing inches. Have you measured yourself recently? My sister said they told her at WW that you won't lose inches and pounds in the same week (I know that sounds weird. I am completely skeptical, but could they be right?). Cheer up and have fun with Tim. You are so lucky he can come and visit so often. I would still love to meet him sometime. I bet you two together are just hilarious!!!!

Christie said...

I know how you feel. I've been there before, and sometimes when you've hit that plateau, it's hard to figure out what to do to get things going again. Because I do Weight Watchers, I can change to a different food plan, and that usually gives my body the kick start it needs to start losing weight again. I'm not sure what kind of food you've been eating during your weight loss efforts, but maybe changing things up for a couple of weeks will get your body to start taking notice again. If you eat the same sorts of foods regularly when you're losing weight, your body can get used to it (and that's easy to do when you're trying to lose weight...you keep eating the same stuff because it works).

You might also need to change your exercise routine up. Have you ever tried Body Pump? Tim and I used to do it, and I've just started back again. It's a really good fat burning workout and helps tone you up, all with fairly quick results. I'm not sure if there are any classes in your area, but you could give it a try. It's a workout that will definitely kick your butt, but it will give you results!