Saturday, February 2, 2008

the fierce bargain-huntress strikes again!

After yesterday's events, I decided that some retail therapy was in order today, so off I went to Rolla, the "big town" up the interstate that has a KMart (ooh!) and a JCPenney (aah!), among other useful stores. First off, I found birthday gifts for my niecelets at Rolla Books & Toys, which always has neat stuff you can't find everywhere else. Also, they offer free gift-wrapping! No real bargains per se, but I got them zesty stuff. Then, the real bargain-hunting began. I got Nick some jeans for $3.50 at KMart, but the real treasure was to be found at JCP. I found myself two new bras that would have retailed for $56 altogether. They became mine, however, for the low-low total of $21.50. But now for the piece de resistance: I found Nick a REALLY nice nylon puffy parka in a bright red color. This thing is really poofy and thick and warm, and has a scrumptious fleece lining with a nice high collar. It's got all kinds of zippers, velcro, adjustable straps, bells, and whistles, and a detachable hood. I bought large, so that he'll be able to wear it for at least the next couple of years. It was originally $80 - that's how nice it is. But how much did I pay for it, you ask?

$8.50!!!

That's what I'm talkin' about. I'll be riding this high for several days at the least. :)

No comments: