Sunday, February 3, 2008

the big downside of military life

I'm totally bummed, because today I found out that my friend Mike will be leaving in six months to move to Ft. Hood, TX. :( I mean, I knew that he'd have to leave eventually, but I didn't think it would be this soon! It's just so depressing - you meet someone zesty and befriend them, and then they leave. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth it to reach out to people and make friends. But, in the end, I realize that it most certainly is. I hope that Mike will stay in touch with us and our friendship will continue from afar. That's just not the same as hanging out together! He's going to come over this evening to hang out, watch the Superbowl, play chess, and have chili and margaritas, which should be fun! I guess I'll just have to make the most of the next 6 months and enjoy the time I get to spend with him. He will definitely be missed...

No comments: