Thursday, February 7, 2008

all of a sudden, i'm a little freaked out...

...by how fast my baby is growing up! I mean, there's too much going on all at once. He's totally pooping on the potty now (We've made major progress, seemingly overnight!), we just switched from convertible to booster car seats, he just got a more "grown-up" booster seat for the dining table, he's all into watching movies, etc. And the icing on the cake (no pun intended) is that he will celebrate his 4th birthday in about a month! I almost can't handle it. I just want to slam the brakes on and freeze time right here. Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to seeing him grow and develop and do new things, but at the same time, I want him to be my baby forever. It kills me that with every passing day, he's becoming less and less my baby and getting closer and closer to leaving me. I know that sounds melodramatic (or is that mellow and dramatic, Patty?), but if you have kids, surely you can relate. I mean, lately, each time he lavishes me with kisses and hugs, I realize that the day will come when he won't want to kiss me or hug me, or at least not nearly as much. Being a parent is so bittersweet sometimes. I guess I'll just have to make time each day to soak him up and breathe him in and get my fill, before it's too late.

No comments: