Thursday, January 29, 2009

would i like some cheese with that whine?

I know that all I've been doing lately is bitching about being housebound, etc., but I feel like bitching just a leetle bit more. Nick and I did get to the commissary today, and it sucked! First of all, Nick begged me to use one of those specialty kid carts (not exactly a car cart, but similarly impossible to maneuver). That was a huge mistake, because in addition to it being hard to maneuver, it also barely had room for my groceries, and there wasn't room for my coat, which meant I had to keep it on. By the time we were done, I felt like I was in a sauna! It was so warm under my coat, fleece top, and shirt that I thought I would die. Plus, the commissary was very crowded, and we had to wait in line forever. And Nick was so incredibly annoying! He wasn't misbehaving, per se - it was just that he could not seem to be quiet for even two seconds. And the icing on the cake was the phone call I got from my kickboxing instructor, informing me that the gym would be closed until Monday (It's finally moving to its new location.) Don't get me wrong - I'm excited to get into the newer, bigger, better gym, but this means that I will have only gone one time this whole week, and I'm not good at all at motivating myself to work out at home. Bah, humbug! OK - I'm done bitching for now. :) I'll be glad when next week arrives and things are back to normal.

2 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

Whine all you would like, doesn't it make you feel a little bit better? ( : And I noticed you have a Sat. date too, yeah! John and I are going to Meramec Vineyards that night. Have a good weekend

Susie

Patty O. said...

I'm right there with you, girlfriend. I am sick of this weather. And sadly, just weeks ago I was telling Bil how fun it would be to get some snow for the kids to play in. Really, what was I thinking?