Friday, January 23, 2009

better than anything on tv

This evening as we were trying to get Nick to bed, he was misbehaving and being disciplined by Brian, and he ended up just falling apart and having a total meltdown of epic proportions, which was actually pretty hilarious. I tried not to let him see me laughing, because I didn't want to scar him, but he was so over-the-top. At one point, he was screaming "It's not fair!" If I closed my eyes, I could swear he was a teen girl. The best part, though, was when he said "It's not all about YOU, Daddy! It's not all about ANYBODY in this town! It's all about ME!" We finally got him in bed and I was trying to get him calmed down, and I said that he and Daddy should "kiss and make up." He replied "But make-up isn't for boys!" :) That was just the icing on the cake. What a show!

5 comments:

Patty O. said...

I love it. The other day the kids were fighting and screaming at each other and I totally lost it and started laughing. I think it really startled them, because they stopped their screaming. I love what he said about it not being about anyone in town.

a friend recently said that boys are just as dramatic as girls. I think I would have to agree!

Anonymous said...

"It's not all about you Daddy!"

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm surprised my own son hasn't come back at me with that expression yet. I'm always telling him that it's "not all about you!"

Anonymous said...

Nick cracks me up!

J said...

The things kids say! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that I don't have to be there for him to have a breakdown.