Thursday, January 29, 2009

housebound: day 3

Grrr! I was very surprised last night when I saw that school was cancelled AGAIN today, which, of course, means no fitness classes either. And I'm assuming that Nick's soccer will be cancelled this evening, too. Brian did have to go to work today, though. I guess the school cancellation was a good call, because Brian couldn't get his car up the hill to get out of our 'hood today. Apparently, that uphill slope is just a sheet of ice. So, he came back home in defeat and called a fellow bandsman with a 4WD vehicle to come and get him - Brian hiked up out of the 'hood and met him at the main road.

I was hoping to get out of the house and go to the commissary today for groceries (and sanity), but Brian's failed attempt to escape pretty much means that I'd have the same fate. So, Nick and I are stuck at home, AGAIN, for the third day now. And we don't even have Brian to keep us company! Wah! OK - enough whining. I know my problems aren't really problems. I'm just getting a pretty bad case of cabin fever. :)

My goals for the day include working out, maybe a bit of purging, and just hangin' with my boy. We might even enjoy a rousing round of Famished, Famished Frogs! :)

P.S. Here's a quiz (Tim, you're not eligible): Name the sitcom in which this last name is mentioned: Gerklechnerbeigen-Hofstetlerfrau.

3 comments:

J said...

Golden Girls!

Amy Jane said...

You are, of course, absolutely correct, Jillies! :) That's why I love you so.

Patty O. said...

Loved your quiz, even though I didn't know the answer. I am sick of being housebound too. Yesterday was especially bad....