Wednesday, January 28, 2009

housebound: day 2

Well, this has turned into a much bigger storm than the weather-peeps initially anticipated. We started with the ice pellets on Monday late afternoon, and that continued, with just a few short lulls, until late Tuesday afternoon, whereby it began to snow. And it's still snowing now! We've gotten about 4-5", I'd say. It's beautiful, but being stuck in the house with an energetic, bored little boy is not the greatest. :) And, I'm totally bummed at missing my fitness class for two days running! And did I work out at home yesterday? No, of course not! I have also discovered that being housebound in a winter storm is not good for my eating - it would seem that my subconscious feels like that gives me license to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. Ack! I am bound and determined to do some sort of exercise today, even if it's only for 30 minutes.

I had to cancel my eye check-up this morning - no big whoop. And, I was able to reschedule for Saturday - I think it's very cool that they're open on Saturdays. School is cancelled and post is closed today, so both boys are home again. And Brian's class this evening is cancelled, too.

Nick really wants to go out and play in the snow today, and who can blame him? To a kid, it's beyond exciting. To me, though, it's beyond distasteful. :) The last thing I want to do is go outside, where the temp is in the teens, and get freezing cold and damp playing in the snow. I wish I were one of those adults that actually enjoys playing in the snow with her child, but I'm just not. It's about the last thing I want to do. But, we'll soldier through, for Nick's sake.

Other than working out, my second goal for the day is to fill my first two Christmas tubs. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I had both the boys home yesterday too. The great thing is, Bil was all set to play with the kids in the snow. I do sometimes enjoy frolicking in the snow, but lately, I have had no inclination to be cold or wet. Plus, I am already so cumbersome, I don't need all the winter attire to weigh me down even more.

We got them all dressed up and the kids were so excited. By the time I had finally gotten myself dressed, Danny was already in the house saying it was too cold. Big wimp! I was disappointed, because he really needed to work off some steam. I really needed him to work off some steam. Instead, he worked it off by tormenting Charlotte. Joy.