Sunday, January 4, 2009

blah blah blah

First of all, I'm going to be petulant and selfish for a moment and say that I'm kind of bummed that no one has been commenting on my blog lately. Wah!

Here's something ironic: Yesterday, I met my friend Katherine at a local cafe to have coffee and chat. We would have enjoyed sitting out on the front porch to enjoy the 60-degree day, but we had to stay inside, because people were smoking out there. The smokers drove us inside!

I am ecstatic to report that my progress has continued today. I have really caught this purging bug, people! Yay! Today, I finished purging the entire living room. Mind you, that was by far the easiest room in the house, but I feel accomplished to have finished one room. I quake in fear at the thought of such areas as the kitchen, office closet, bookcase, etc., but the more purging I get under my belt, the more I feel ready to tackle. I even purged unwanted files and bookmarks from my computer and unneeded papers from my file drawer. This might be TMI, but I'm so into purging now that whilst I was sitting on the toilet today, I actually purged a cabinet in the bathroom. That's multitasking for you. :)

I'm also happy to say that per my plan, I bought two plastic tubs at Walmart today and filled them with Halloween decor. I would estimate that I probably still need another couple of dozen tubs for all the seasonal decor, but hey - at least I've gotten started! So, I'm basically on cloud 9 at this point.

My happiness is currently tempered, though, by the fact that my poor little son is lying on the couch right now, listless and feverish. He's obviously been stricken by a virus, and he's really pathetic! We're doing our best to take care of him and keep him comfy, and he's watching Thomas, which he finds very soothing. I really hope he's better in the morning, since it's his first day back to school. Wish him a speedy recovery!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you amy and your blog! I will sit and think of interesting comments for the next blog. =)

MissouriMormonMama said...

I have been slacking some, I am ashamed to say. Good job with the purging! It really does feel good, and you can actually accomplish a lot when you realize it doesn't all have to be done at once. The bathroom comment made me LOL!
Sorry about the sick kid, I've got one or two of those around right now, and just hate it. Stupid bugs! Here's hoping he feels better soon!

Patty O. said...

Good job. I have also been purging for the last month or so. I have systematically been going through rooms and closets and reorganizing. I have also gotten rid of tons of stuff. We cannot afford a bigger house at this point and with the baby coming, we need to make room. Plus, I knew I needed to make room for the Christmas stuff, which luckily has not undone too much of my decluttering! This weekend I even reorganized my closet and sweater shelves. I am seriously thinking of taking a picture of my sweaters, they look so nice and organized I want to commemorate it in some way.

I hope Nick gets better soon.

P. S. now that the holidays are over and Danny will be back in school tomorrow, I will be better about blog reading and commenting. Promise!

Amber said...

Must be something in the air, I've been doing major purging and re-organizing for the past month! I also have a sick kiddo (the baby), but she's not as miserable as Nick sounds. I hope he feels better soon.

Sorry about the lack of commenting. Sometimes it's all I can do to post on my blog occasionally. I'm still getting the hang of caring for 2 munchkins and fall behind on all the other things I want to accomplish, i.e. send out some end of year greetings already, lol.