Friday, January 16, 2009

update on progress toward goals

First of all, we're having the first snowfall of the winter here (finally). It's very dry and powdery, and probably won't amount to much, but it's pretty to watch it falling! We were going to head to Rolla today for some errands (Brian has a long weekend for MLK Day), but we decided to stay home, because it's so cold and unwelcoming outside. :)

OK - on to my goals. I'm still doing pretty well! I am down another 1/2 lb. this week - inching ever-closer to my goal. And frankly, even that small loss surprised me, as I didn't exactly eat like an angel. As for continuing to tone my body, I'm really happy with the definition I'm seeing, and I've even been getting compliments lately, especially on my upper body. I have pretty rockin' quads and calves, too. :) And I'm looking forward to my CPR certification tomorrow. I'm hoping to have my fitness instructor certification by this summer.

As for cooking more, that hasn't been happening so much, but I DID make those muffins yesterday, so I guess that counts. Something else that hasn't been happening is listening to my CDs - I guess you can't win 'em all, eh? And, there's still lots of year left, so ya never know!

I'll be singing at my church in Springfield in mid-February, so I'm really looking forward to that. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join the community choir in Rolla this semester either, because they rehearse on Monday nights, and Brian has to take a Monday night class later in the semester. :( Alas.

I'm happy to report that all of my fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving decor is now in plastic tubs, along with my paltry little pile of Valentine's Day decor! Yay! Next, I'm going to do my sheet music and Easter decor, and leave the Xmas decor for last. But, I'm slowly but surely getting it done, which feels great. The purging has slowed down somewhat, but hasn't come to a complete halt. I'm still pumped that I emptied my bookcase, and now I just have to get the books out of the house. I think that the next phase of purging will be to do the kitchen, one cabinet at a time, over the course of a couple of weeks.

So, there you have it.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Way to go!! I too have been industriously decluttering my house. I am almost finished with my office (which is just a large closet I have commandeered for my desk and scrapbooking stuff.) I am inordinately pleased with the results. It feels so good to have a decluttered, organized house.