Monday, January 19, 2009

still chuggin' along

Tonight, I actually made soup for dinner! It's called Italian wedding soup, and only has 4 ingredients - chicken broth, Italian meatballs, pasta, and spinach. Yum! And while I was cooking, I actually listened to one of my CDs - Andrew Lloyd Webber's Requiem! I love that work, and it had been way too long since I gave it a listen. Yesterday, I actually baked a dessert called Bananas Foster bread pudding. It was just OK - I don't love it. But, at least I'm trying new recipes!

I've really been making progress in my basement. Yesterday, I transferred my solo sheet music to plastic tubs, organizing and consolidating it in the process. I have it divided into genres - sacred, opera, art song, musical theater, Christmas, and jazz/pop. Now, I need to do my choral music, which won't take nearly as long. I also went through my Easter decor today, purging the vast majority of it (I'm just not into pastel bunnies and frou frou anymore!), and only keeping a few things, like my marble eggs, a basket for Nick, kitchen towels, etc. Oh, I keep forgetting to mention that I've been selling some of my books and DVDs on half.com. I highly recommend this - it's very fast and easy. I've already made close to $100, minus the cost of mailers.

This afternoon, I closed myself up in our office and sang for awhile, vocalizing and working on the song I'll be singing at NACC in February. I sounded pretty good!

So, I've really had success in working toward various goals over the past few days. Yay! It's a little disheartening that one's work is never done, but I just keep reminding myself how far I've come already, in less than a month.

We're having a nice, lazy Monday evening here at Chez Hoogstraet/Jungen. I think I'll go cuddle with my Nickadoo...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make Italian wedding soup forever but can't find the Italian meatballs anywhere. Did you get them at Wal-Mart. You'll have to post the recipe. I made brownies for Cooper's birthday (he didn't want a cake) and know they are sitting in the pan, tempting me with their evil goodness.

bernthis said...

I go certified as a trainer last year and I highly recommend ACSM- they are the gold standard of certification programs and offer a lot of CME classes (continuing medical education) which you are required to take to maintain your certification.

Patty O. said...

Good for you! Usually by this time, I have already abandoned my New Year's Resolutions, so I am impressed with your determination!