Monday, January 5, 2009

thanks for indulging me :)

Wow - it's nice to see what can be accomplished with a little whining. And I'll be the first to admit that I'm not above seeking pity-comments (obviously)! So, thanks to those who commented - it actually did make my day.

The purging continues, though sadly, it has eclipsed the taking down of Christmas decor. Who knows when I'll do that? Sometimes I have a hard time prioritizing.

I took Nick to our credit union today to open up his own savings account. When he was born, my friend Christie sent him this lovely gift-box-shaped bank, and we've been putting extra change in it ever since. It was finally so full that I couldn't squeeze in another dime, so I figured it was a good time to deposit it! That bank had $40 in it! I had no idea it was so much. Add to that $5 more from me and $20 in Christmas money from Brian's brother, and Nick had a hefty little initial deposit for a 4-year-old. And our credit union's reward system for kids' accounts is such that he came home with not one, not two, but THREE prizes! A foam football, a little foam rocket-shooter, and a calculator. Not bad! Quite a big day.

3 comments:

Amber said...

What a day indeed!

It is amazing how quickly those piggy banks can accumulate cash. Zara just cashed hers in for a new bike a couple weeks ago, little miss had over $60!

Anonymous said...

I actually got my tree down yesterday. Yay! It's especially great because I am not getting alot done lately because my stomach is growing by leaps and bounds. Please pray for me that I don't have a 12 pound baby!

Patty O. said...

I haven't even bothered with my Christmas decor yet. I figure it took a while to get it up, I want to enjoy it a few days more.

We started saving all our change (and sometimes some singles) for the kids' piggy banks when they were born and Danny has over $1,000 already. It's not much, but considering it is just from our change, it ain't bad. I can't believe how fast loose change adds up. And we don't really miss it. I also add all the money they get on holidays, birthdays, etc.