Tuesday, January 27, 2009

iced in

We've been having an ice storm since yesterday evening, so we're all home today. School was cancelled, my kickboxing class was cancelled, and Brian doesn't have to go in to work. Luckily, it's not freezing rain, which is the most dangerous. When it comes down as water and THEN freezes on trees and power lines, that's when you've got trouble, right here in River City, and that starts with "T", which rhymes with "P", which stands for "pool". This stuff is falling as dry little ice pellets, and just building up on the ground. But, I'm sure the roads are pretty slick, especially in some of the outlying areas. It's kind of nice to have a "free day", though in typical Amy fashion, I'm sitting here feeling guilty about all of the things I "should" be doing instead of blogging - things like purging, putting Xmas decor in tubs, working out, etc. I really, truly, deeply wish that I were the kind of person who could just do nothing for a whole day and actually be OK with that, ya know? Nick is having a blast watching the PBS shows that he usually misses while he's at preschool, and I think that Brian is glad to have an unexpected day off, and neither of them feel compelled to get things done! :)

2 comments:

J said...

They're male! I think there is some component of estrogen that makes us unable to just sit without guilt. Heck! I even feel guilty when I'm sick or hurt and can't do much. I saw there was some ice coming when I watched the news last night. We're supposed to get some snow, but so far nothing is happening.

Patty O. said...

I know what you mean. I enjoy having time to myself, but it never takes long before I am antsy and feeling guilty about things that need to get done.

It sounds like we are having the same weather here as you guys. It is a snow day and I decided to take the kids to the library. While we were there, that icy rain started falling and I was so grateful we didn't have a long drive home. Danny has gymnastics tonight, but I think we will be skipping it. It is really slick and yucky out there.