Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my sweet little boy

I just had the best time with my son! You know how some days they're total turds, and then some days they're just in such a good mood, all sweetness and light? Well, today is a sweetness and light day (so far). I took Nick to preschool this morning, and Brian picked him up and took him to lunch and then brought him back to me, and Nick was all excited about this tiny plush puppy he got in his Happy Meal. She's a girl, according to Nick, and her name is "Dog." From the moment he got home, he was so agreeable and considerate, and then we ended up cuddling on the couch together and reading books - just me, Nick, and Dog. We stayed there for a good 45 minutes, and it was heaven! And then when I told him it was time for his nap, off he went eagerly, taking Dog to bed with him. Sigh of contentment. Why can't all days be just like this?

And the day only promises to get better, because Idol starts tonight! Yes. Our friend Mike (the one who's leaving forever in 4 days) is coming over to watch it with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish all days were like that.

(I have to say that your choice of blog background overwhelms me a bit.)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're kinda sick, my friend. Do you need anything? I've been so busy but good. Lots to share. The house hunting continues in earnest. Lots to view, lots of crap, but some gems! This is week 2 with the personal trainer. I'm already loving it!

The story about Nick and the teddy angers me AND touches me at the same time. I love that boy so much. I think he's going to be a lot like his Uncle Tim. What a testament!

I miss you guys.

bernthis said...

Nothing matches those magical days with our kids when everything seems to go right. I sleep the best ever on those evenings.

Patty O. said...

I love days like this. When Danny has a great, agreeable day, it is heavenly. Actually, he has been pretty agreeable in general lately, so I can't complain. Now if we could just get Charlotte to stop having a little meltdown every blessed morning, my life would be complete!