Friday, March 7, 2008

tgif!

Well, I lost a pound this week, and frankly, I'm pretty impressed! During the 4 days that Tim was here, we ate out several times, and I consumed no fewer than 3 decadent chocolaty desserts. So, I felt sure that I would gain weight! I probably owe my salvation to the fact that I didn't slack off on working out. I'm really proud of myself that I kept up with it whilst he was here, because in the past, I would definitely not have had the willpower to do that. When Tim and I spend time together, we tend to adopt a "f**k it" attitude and just veg and eat whatever we want. So, though I didn't lose a lot of weight this week, I still consider it quite a victory. This whole eating better and working out thing must really be getting ingrained in my mind - it's almost becoming second nature. Yay!

I must say, though, that given the way my weight has been going up and down lately, I won't feel truly comfortable unless I lose more weight next week and become more firmly entrenched in the 160s. Right now, my footing in the 160s is tenuous at best, and I fear another swing back up into the 170s. I really want to avoid that, and to just keep my weight going down from here. I'm sick of the 170s! It's time to bid them a fond adieu for good, so wish me luck on that front.

Some of my friends have been pointing out to me that one reason for my slow-down in weight-loss lately could be that I've been building up muscle, which weighs more than fat. I'll have to admit that they could have a point. I mean, I can definitely tell that I'm a lot more muscular all over my body (I mean, I can just see the taut muscle bulging and rippling under my skin - ha!), so maybe there's something to that theory. It offers me small comfort, though, as I still want to see the actual number on the scale going down. I could handle it if I'd been losing inches, but I really haven't budged in that department, either, except a tiny bit in my waist.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that I can get out of this holding pattern once and for all!

In other news, I found out today that yet another person I know is pregnant. There must be something in the water! It seems like lately, everyone is pregnant or has just had a baby. It gives me little pangs occasionally, but for the most part, I don't have a strong desire to have another. I think that most likely, we're done. Nick is such a huge personality that he's as good as two, anyway. :)

Brian's current Thursday night class has ended, and his next class will be on Wednesdays, so I can finally start going to yoga every Thursday evening (They don't offer childcare during the evening classes.). Yay! I'm really excited about that, as I really enjoy yoga. I just find it to be very centering and relaxing, in a way. And I just love the names of the poses, like Goddess, Cobra, Warrior, etc. I can do some better than others, but I hope to improve.

Speaking of improving, I really need to dust off my vocal cords and start rehearsing, because I have two gigs coming up in short order, and I really haven't sung since my last gig in December. Neither piece that I'm doing is terribly difficult, but I'm quite a perfectionist when it comes to my singing, and won't settle for anything less than perfectly polished. I'll be singing Mozart's "Laudate Dominum" and "I Know that my Redeemer Liveth" from Handel's Messiah. I've done them both a million times (well, maybe not that many), but as I said, it's been awhile. I'm really excited to sing again, because it's what I love to do more than almost anything. And, I'm always really well-received and appreciated at the church, which makes me feel good. And the money doesn't hurt, either! :)

Well, I've probably blathered on enough for today. Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I know what you mean about being sick of vacillating between weights. I know you can do it. And you probably ARE gaining muscle weight, but you are also affecting your metabolism positively because of the muscle, so that may start showing up too. Just keep up the great work. I need to get back into working out now that ELvira is almost completely gone. Maybe I will do a short session tomorrow to start out slowly.....

hAve a good weekend.