Thursday, March 13, 2008

i've been tagged!

First of all, I heart yoga! It just leaves me feeling so stretched out and relaxed. Happy sigh.

OK, my Patty-friend has tagged me to complete a personal quiz, so here are some facts about me that you may or may not give a hoot about:

10 years ago, I was.....
...living in Japan, having joined my new husband there about 4 months before. I was still getting used to my unfamiliar surroundings, but was soaking up the language and really enjoying exploring my new home. I don't remember if I had started my two jobs of teaching English as a second language and administrative assistant for the Girl Scouts yet, but I had those jobs while living in Japan. I also sang with the Army Band numerous times while living there.

7 things on my to-do list today:
*buy new black pants
*attend Nick's preschool birthday party
*laundry (when is that NOT on my list?)
*work out
*pay bills
*sing
*bathe Nick

my favorite snacks:
*cottage cheese
*Crum Creek Mills soy bites
*Edy's Slow-Churned ice cream
*Gnu Bars
*Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches
*Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt w/ frozen berries

If I suddenly became a billionaire, I would...
*buy a house in Springfield, MO
*go on a super-long European vacation
*go on an Alaskan cruise
*visit various places in the U.S., like San Fran, New England, New Orleans, etc.
*sock away money for Nick's college and our retirement
*help deserving family and friends
*donate to causes that resonate with me
*fund a voice scholarship at my college
*buy a brand-new car

3 bad habits of mine are...
*being a control-freak
*never emptying the lint trap (luckily, my husband takes care of this)
*being negative, though I have made great strides in this area, I think

Jobs I've had, in no particular order:
*worked at a CD store and Blockbuster Video
*took care of animals at a vet's office
*professional singer in various forms
*wrote obituaries for the Springfield (MO) News Leader
*admin. assistant for the Girl Scouts
*teacher of English as a second language
*medical assistant for a podiatrist
*teller/member services rep. at a credit union
*wife and mother

5 things most people don't know about me:
This is a hard one for me, because I tend to be pretty open. Therefore, most people that know me pretty well know everything that I care to share, and the stuff that I don't want anyone to know is nothing that I'm going to type here! I'm thinking...
*When they first meet me, most people don't know that I'm a classical soprano,
*or that my mom died over 10 years ago.
*I can yodel
*I can juggle, albeit not terribly well
*I'm really afraid of certain bugs
*bonus - I can't stand the sight of body hair on the floor or in the tub

OK - Jillies, you're it!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Wow, I actually learned quite a bit about you. I didn't know that you wrote obituaries or that you taught ESL (how did we not ever talk in depth about that???). I also had no idea you could yodel or juggle. How cool is that? You are a fascinating person!!