Thursday, March 13, 2008

king for a day

Today, I took cupcakes to Nick's preschool, and they had a little birthday celebration for him. It was cute! He got to wear a green construction-paper crown with his name and the number "4" on it, and he also got to pick a couple of trinkets from the "birthday box." Miss Ulla took his picture, and he got a birthday certificate. When it was cupcake time, everyone sang the birthday song to him, and when it was over, Nick said "That's right!" :) I got some really cute video footage and pictures.

On an interesting side note, there is one girl in his class who hates chocolate. Seriously. Won't eat anything chocolate. I'm very concerned for her. :) This girl's a hoot - she's very "princessy". She went to the bathroom today while I was there, and when she was done, she stood in front of the mirror for several minutes fluffing her hair and preening. Made me happy to have a boy!

Get this: even when a parent brings birthday cupcakes, the teachers still have to serve the prepared snack for the day. Well, today's snack was a "volcano", consisting of a bowl of chocolate pudding with an ice cream cone standing up in the center. In the ice cream cone were whipped cream and red icing (the "lava"). I'm wondering if all of their snacks are this nutritionally hideous! So, these kids had a volcano PLUS a cupcake. All of the parents probably rode out the sugar high with much resentment. :) I'm ashamed to admit that in addition to the cupcake I had at preschool, I also downed a second one after we got home. :( Sweets are my major weakness! I hope this doesn't blow my weigh-in tomorrow...I'll just have to see.

After preschool, I had to drag Nick to Rolla (25 mins. up the interstate) on my quest for black pants that fit for my singing gig on Sunday. The ones I had were too big, and the WalMart here didn't have my size. So, off we went to the Rolla WalMart - luckily, they did have my size. I also picked up some new lounge pants and a cute summer shirt for Nick. And we had lunch at McDonald's, something we do far too often. My only consolation is the fact that Nick always eats a hamburger, apple slices, and milk, which is pretty darn healthy by McD's standards. No fries for him!

I am now preparing to pay bills and do laundry, among several other things that I need to get done in preparation for our trip to Springfield tomorrow. I'm going to take a break from all the TCB and go to yoga class tonight, because I really enjoy it and find it relaxing. And I deserve it!

I might do a short post tomorrow regarding my weigh-in, but then you won't be hearing from me again until Monday or Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed you at MOPS today-it was my one day so far this week I got to leave the house and you skipped out! Although it sounds like NIck's party was fun. We'll be at playgroup tomorrow (finally) so get ready to do some baby-sitting. BTW, the volcanos sound disgusting.

Rebecca