Sunday, March 9, 2008

pure friendship

Went to a Pure Romance party at Angela's house last night. It was an intimate gathering - about 8 of us. To be honest, I wasn't that into it at first (sorry, Angela! - nothing personal). I just didn't feel like drinking, and I knew I would blow my diet with the party snacks. And, I had been to one of these parties not that long ago, so I already knew the whole product spiel and everything. But as the evening wore on, I ended up having a really good time! All the ladies there were nice and fun, and we shared lots of laughs and bawdy conversation. :) I ended up having a long, involved conversation with my friend Heather - we started talking about body issues, and somehow moved on to religion (don't ask me how that happened!), and I felt like I got to know Heather better; we even shared some cackles and snorts. :) I really like Heather, and I think that we could be good friends. Sadly, she's moving away this summer (same old story), so I'm pretty bummed about that.

It sort of sucked that when I got home, it was really an hour later than the clock said, due to the switch to Daylight Savings, but I was still in bed by 11:30, even on the new time. I didn't end up drinking much, though I was duly impressed by the staggering array of alcoholic products that Angela had stockpiled for the evening. And the snacks were rather yummy, too! Yes, I did blow my diet, but I'm back on track today, so it's really no big whoop. The upshot of it is that I ended up having a lovely time last night, and I'm glad I went to the party. Thanks, Angela!

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Glad you had fun. My sister has had a couple of those parties, but I am always too embarrassed to go. she is really into some of the products, but I guess I am more reserved than I thought....

Patty O. said...

thanks for your very complimentary comments on my blog. It is always nice to be told you are smart!!

And I feel the same with you. I so enjoy your vocabulary and wit. Your writing is a pleasure to read. In fact, I am always a bit disappointed when you don't write on your blog. I know you have a life to live and cannot be constantly providing me with intelligent entertainment, but I do love your blog entries.