Friday, May 1, 2009

yet another recipe!

Hey, all! I just made this tonight, and it's pretty tasty:

Pineapple-Cheddar Corn Bread

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 14.75-oz. can cream-style corn (I bought no-salt-added, so decided to increase the salt in the recipe to 1.5 tsp.)
1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease and flour a 9 x 9" baking pan and set aside.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt with fork. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture on low speed just until combined. Stir in corn, drained pineapple, and cheese. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake about 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.

I also found another faboo-looking recipe that I plan to use for the next MOPS meeting - peanut butter & jelly bars. If it turns out well, I will share it, too!

Not a whole lot else to say. I'm really sick of this gloom and rain, and tomorrow looks dismal - it's only going to get up to around 50! Blech. Nick's school is having a carnival, but I think they'll move it inside if it rains, so I guess it'll still be a go. They're having a silent auction, and there are several things I'm interested in (like tickets to attractions and meals at restaurants, a night in a jacuzzi suite, etc.); wish me luck with my bidding!

After the carnival, we're going to a concert given by a cool children's musician named Jim Gill. Nick's teachers use Gill's music in class, and the kids love it! I think his CDs are available on Amazon - you should check them out if you have kids!

I was slightly cheered up today by the cute little skirt I bought for $14, but then I depressed myself by eating a totally unnecessary, evil chocolate muffin with a cream cheese center at Starbucks. Ack! I wasn't even hungry. So, it was a roller coaster of a day. :)

For anyone who watches Private Practice: How frustrating was that cliffhanger on the season finale? I can't believe I have to wait all the way until the new season to find out Violet's fate! It's killing me.

My 35th birthday is a mere 5 days away, and I'm alternately horrified and underwhelmed by the prospect. Bah, humbug! :)

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Evette said...

I watch Private Practice and I agree! Although I was more disgusted by it I think then anything else. And freaked out. It is defiantly not something that a very pregnant woman should be watching.. at least not one with my kind of anixety!