Tuesday, May 19, 2009

baby steps

After another day of being exhausted, I decided I had to do SOMETHING, so I decided to try going to step class this evening, after 10 days with no workout. I knew that it would be hard and I might not be able to get through it, but the reality was still sobering and frustrating. I managed to get through a half hour, and that was pushing it. And I wasn't even doing it "all the way." If I had really gone whole hog, I probably could have gotten through 10-15 minutes, max. The worst part was that I didn't have the energy to do any real jumping jacks - I had to modify them. This from a woman who can do jumping jacks for a couple of minutes if I have to! I'm glad I went and worked out a bit, but it was pretty depressing. :( At least now I know where I am right now, and what I'm up against. And before you start yelling at me for going, I believe it was the right thing to do, I DID listen to my body and modify my movements, and I wasn't in any danger, nor did I ever feel like I might fall or pass out. So there. :) I'm still undecided as to whether I should teach my sculpt class tomorrow evening. I guess I'll see how I feel. I can always stop doing the moves if I need to, and just count while the class does them. We shall see. Lordy, I hope I don't have mono - I won't know until next week....

1 comment:

J said...

I can understand the need to get out of the house and do something...anything! That's the worst part of being sick. You're a sensible person, so I know you won't push it beyond what you can do. You know we're just all worried about you and want you to get better. Wish I could do something to help you out.