Friday, May 8, 2009

happy mothers' day!

Well, Nick and I are going to head to Springfield this afternoon, and I'll be offline all weekend, so I wanted to go ahead and wish all the mommies who read my blog a very happy Mothers' Day! You all deserve to be celebrated and pampered, so I hope you get your due!

For anyone who's wondering, we survived the severe weather that passed through here this morning. Nick and I were actually at the gym, and we had to take shelter in the bathroom, but all we got there was heavy rain and strong wind. No damage to our house, our cars, or ourselves. It made for quite the interesting morning, though!

Now, we're back home and preparing to get on the road. The weather has passed over, so our trip to Springfield should be uneventful. Brian is going to stay home this weekend and work on his master's project and some stuff around the house. Nick's and my plans in Springfield include a visit to Chuck E. Cheese's, a drive to Branson to go to the Dinosaur Museum and possibly the air show at the new airport there, seeing loved ones, and a bit of shopping and dining out. :) Should be a nice weekend!

My weight holds steady - yay! I've decided that 142 must really be my "happy weight."

Have a great weekend, everyone...

5 comments:

Van said...

just out visiting blogs and came across yours - fun to read about live in MO where I visit often due to the fact my mother lives on Table Rock Lake! Can't wait to visit the new airport myself. Would love to hear you sing!

Rebecca said...

Oh, chuck E. Cheese...bring ear plugs...

Patty O. said...

Happy Mother's Day. I hope you have a great one.

Amber said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

MissouriMormonMama said...

Hope it is a lovely weekend! Happy Mothers Day!