Friday, May 15, 2009

update

I think the antibiotics are finally starting to conquer this infection, though I'll admit that I'm surprised and disappointed at how slowly I'm improving. I'm still very weak today, and my throat still hurts, though it is a bit better. I'll probably still spend some extra time in bed today, but I'm still really hoping to make the trip to Springfield tomorrow for my niece's graduation. I had another sweaty, restless night last night, and continue to fluctuate between feeling temperate and being sweaty and clammy, but the dizziness and faintness are gone, and I'm just feeling a lot more like my usual self. I guess I just thought that almost 48 hours after receiving the first antibiotics, I would be feeling even better than I am. This really must be some nasty infection - I'll be interested to get the results of the strep culture next week. Knock on wood - I haven't developed any side effects from the antibiotics yet. I've been eating a lot of Dannon Activia yogurt, which will hopefully help me to avoid diarrhea. That's about the full report at this point. Thanks again to all of my friends and family who have been so caring and concerned - it means more than you will ever know. I feel so loved! My hope and plan is to be back on track as of Monday - I'm going to go to the gym Monday morning and do the class, and I'll just quit early or dial it back if I need to. Don't worry - I won't overdo it, and will listen to my body. I really hope to re-enter the land of the living next week, and to talk to and see my friends! Wish me luck...

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Hopefully if you get lots of rest today, you will be feeling a lot better tomorrow for your trip. I'll say a little prayer for you!!

Amber said...

(((HUG)))