Tuesday, May 12, 2009

goin' back to bed...

So, I'm sick. And pathetic. It all started yesterday morning, when I noticed that I had an enlarged and tender lymph node (and when I say enlarged, I mean freakishly so - you can see the hideous bulge in my neck!) in my throat with accompanying internal throat discomfort. Plus, I felt tired. Otherwise, I was pretty much fine all day, until about 7:00, which is when all hell broke loose. And of course, this was the evening when Brian had his final master's class and didn't get home until almost 9:00. Ack! By 7, I was feeling feverish and had chills, and just had that terrible "I'm sick and I feel REALLY bad" feeling. My throat was killing me every time I swallowed, and it felt like I had an obstruction in there, due to the lymph node. If I so much as pressed gently on the node, it killed! I could even feel the protrusion in my throat if I so much as turned my head - yuck. I also developed a pounding headache. Poor Nicholas was understanding, but I just felt terrible that I was a useless mom to him all evening. I was feeling so bad and sorry for myself that I even cried a little. I have a tendency to do that when I'm sick, because I get sick so rarely that when it happens, I just can't handle it. It completely destroys me! I left several desperate messages on Brian's phone, telling him to please get home as soon as possible so that I could go to bed, and ended up in a useless heap on the couch, shivering under a blanket as the fever/chills thing really got under way. I got Nick into bed and went to bed myself, which is where Brian found me when he got home, shivering under the covers as my head burned with fever. I had a pretty miserable night, but the fever finally broke somewhere in the wee hours. Today, I'm still feeling quite poorly, and the node is still larger than life, along with the throat pain. Luckily, Brian was able to take Nick to school and will also pick him up and bring him home. So, I'm going to go back to bed when I'm done here. I feel so guilty - this is the FOURTH day in a row I haven't worked out, which is unheard of! I just hope I'm better by tomorrow, as I have a lot going on. I need to go grocery shopping, Nick has his end-of-year school program, and I have to teach my sculpt class. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Yikes! I sure hope you feel better. It sounds like you had what I did about two years ago. I couldn't move and Danny had the day off for Pulaski Day. I was totally and completely miserable, so I know you must be in hell right now. WIsh I lived closer and could come and get Nick to give you a break or bring you chicken soup or something. Take it easy and pamper yourself. Hopefully the extra rest will help. Get well soon!