Tuesday, April 28, 2009

gooey bars

Here's that recipe, for anyone who's interested:

Gooey Bars

1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup (two sticks) salted butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
chocolate chips or other topping, optional

Preheat oven to 300. Blend together with a hand mixer the cake mix, one egg, vanilla, and butter. Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam. Pour mixture into pan and spread to all edges. In separate bowl, mix together remaining two eggs, cream cheese, and powdered sugar with hand mixer. Pour this mixture over cake mixture and spread to all edges. If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips or other topping on the top. Bake for 45-50 mins. or until toothpick comes out clean.

I will warn you - this dessert is very decadent and very addictive. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

You are an evil, evil woman! : )

Hey, I have some news that I need to share with you. I had my 6 week checkup and Dr. Crowell was so excited. I weighed today exactly what I weighed at my first ob/gyn appointment. He was very impressed that I lost so much already. I am pretty pleased. Definitely happy with how my progress has been so far.

Thanks for your inspiration!