Friday, May 29, 2009

i know i've been quiet...

For the majority of the week, I just didn't have much to say. I've just been getting back into the swing of normal life. I'm feeling 100% better, luckily! I got back to the gym Tuesday and Wednesday, and taught a great class.

Yesterday, though, everything was derailed by Nick being sick. Poor little guy has missed the first two days of summer school, and is absolutely pathetic! He ate a banana and a waffle yesterday morning around 8 or 9, and has literally not eaten anything since, as of 2 p.m. today. He's been running a fever between 100 and 103, and has been very lethargic and sleeping a lot. We have kept him sipping Gatorade and water, which is good, but he just has no interest in food. He's been complaining of a headache, and ended up throwing up twice yesterday. This morning, when his fever was still there and he still felt awful, I decided to seek medical attention. I couldn't get an appointment at our hospital or at any of the local clinics where I was authorized to go, so I took him to the ER. Luckily, it was quite empty and we were in and out of the hospital in 2.5 hours, including getting X-rays and waiting at the pharmacy for his meds! Not bad. The doctor suspects a sinus infection, which is really odd, since there has been absolutely no snot. But apparently, his sinuses are swollen and the sinus X-ray looked "cloudy." So, he was given Amoxicillin and Zyrtec (which, oddly, is an allergy med - so does the doc think it's an infection, or allergies, or both?). The medical care here is spotty at best. Though I haven't officially worked out today, my arms and back have gotten quite a workout because I've had to carry my 48-lb. child all over creation. He just didn't want to walk, so I carried him all over the hospital and from the hospital to the car. Yes, I'm quite the She-Ra. :)

Now, we're back home and he's in bed, dozing and still not eating. He still has a fever, but it's down around 100 now. Wish us luck that he feels much better tomorrow and can go to school on Monday!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Poor Little Nicky - Poo. I hope he gets to feeling better. Send him my love!

Patty O. said...

Oh, that so sucks! I sure hope he feels better soon. I am glad to hear that you are better, though. Hopefully, Brian won't get infected...