Sunday, May 17, 2009

a nice visit

We had a good time in Springfield, celebrating my niece's college graduation. I was quite tired on Saturday, and slept the whole car drive there, but I managed a quick shopping trip to JCPenney, where I scored a fabulous little dress to wear to the grad party. We made our way to my sister's house, and much fun and laughter and love were had by all. I love my niece so much, and am so sad to see her leave, but I'm excited for her as she embarks on the rest of her life. She's heading to Florida to pursue a master's and her dream of becoming a marine biologist. We ended up playing UNO until quite late at night, and boy did my bed (at Dad's house) welcome me when I finally slipped into it!

We got home today around 2:30, and here I am. I'm really feeling a lot better today - yay! It's sort of weirding me out that "normal life" starts again tomorrow. Everything sort of went on hold and entered some strange parallel universe this past week when I was so sick, and now it's going to be business as usual. I'm a little nervous about going to step class after 10 days of not working out, but I'll just listen to my body and won't push myself - promise! I'll let you know how the week goes...

No comments: