Monday, May 18, 2009

well, crap

Here I was, all rarin' to go today, thinking I was going to get back into the swing of things and have some semblance of normalcy again. I was going to take Nick to daycare and go to step class. And then this morning, it happened: I felt like I was going to pass out again, and have felt weak, tired, lightheaded, and queasy ever since. I have once again spent the morning in bed, and am beyond frustrated. Apparently, the doctor now thinks I could have mono, and I'll be going in for a blood test later today. Great. That's all I have to say right now.

3 comments:

J said...

It sound like the whole infection thing was pretty serious. It's going to take your body some time to heal. TAKE IT EASY!!! If you need to rest, do so. Yeah, it sucks, but it's better than landing in the hospital. Are you taking a multivitamin and eating healthy foods? If I have to, I'll come down there and sit on you until you're better!

Amy Jane said...

I love my Jillies. :) Yes, I'm taking a vitamin and eating. I would love it if you came and sat on me! Not so much the sitting part, but the fact that you'd be here. Thank you so much for the beautiful get-well card you sent in the mail - it means so much to me. You rock...

Patty O. said...

Ames,
I sure hope you get better soon. It sounds like you really got hit good with this one. I'll be praying it isn't mono. It sounds actually a lot like a virus Bil had last year. They did the mono test too. He had the sore throat, aching body, etc. And it seemed like he was getting better when all of a sudden, it hit again. Turned out is was just a really bad virus and after lots of rest, he got better.

Wish I was there and could bring you some chicken soup or take Nick so you could rest.