Wednesday, April 30, 2008

a very busy day

I kept myself occupied quite well today! First, Nick and I went to the fitness center for my kickboxing (butt-kicking) class. Then, we came home so I could give myself a quick sponge bath and have a snack, and we were off to Rolla for some shopping. I took advantage of BOGO at Payless to get some sandals for me and Nick, and got some new shorts (size 10!) at JCPenney (where fashion comes to life). I also picked up a butterfly-bespangled tablecloth at KMart, where Nick and I shared a spot of lunch, as well.

Then, it was home for Nick's nap, which turned out to be a non-event. :) At 5:00, we met Jutta and Bryan at the park for some fun, and then we proceeded to WalMart, where I bought a couple of skorts, an exercise ball, and various and sundry other items. We didn't get home until 8 p.m.!

Now, Brian has just come home from his class and is brushing Nick's teeth, after which we'll put him to bed and relax for a bit before we retire for the night. Whew! I'm feeling a bit guilty about all of my "retail therapy" today, but not guilty enough to return anything. :)

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Sounds like fun! Besides, you need the new clothes after all the weight loss, right? Size 10!!!! I am so impressed, and a bit jealous. OK, I admit it. I know you have worked hard and I have not..... I wish I had stuck with it like you have, but I am still not going to give up!! I wish i could tap into some of your motivation, but I know I need to do it for myself. You are my role model!
P.S. I asked Bil if he realized he had made two such glaring grammatical mistakes on my blog and he said he did it on purpose because he knew it would not go unnoticed. I came so close to fixing it for him several times....