Sunday, April 27, 2008

lesson learned!

Never, ever open your oven door partway and then bend down and peer into the oven to see what you're cooking, thereby placing your exposed chest skin perilously close to the top edge of the oven door!




I mean, what kind of dork burns her chest on the oven? And boy, does it sting. It has even blistered a bit. Given the delicate nature of my skin, I bet I'll have a permanent scar. Perhaps I'll have to visit the ol' dermatologist to see if he can do anything to mitigate it. I can only shake my head at my sheer idiocy. :)

In other, happier, news, here is a picture of our Betta, Gordon, who seems to be doing swimmingly (ha!). He's thriving in his bowl and is incredibly low-maintenance. We just have to feed him a couple of times a day, and I wash his bowl once a week, but even then, the water just barely gets cloudy - Bettas are very clean fish! And he's so pretty. I love it when he fans his fins out - it's beautiful! He's been with us long enough now that I don't wake up every morning expecting to see him floating at the top of the bowl. :) I think he'll be around for awhile!



3 comments:

Christie said...

That burn looks pretty painful! If you're worried about scarring, you could try rubbing some vitamin E oil into it, or if you can find some Bio Oil (not sure if that's made it to the US or not), that will also do the trick. Hope it heals quickly!

Patty O. said...

You poor, poor thing! That has to sting like a mother... I HATE burns. YIKES. My wound is nothing on that. It looks like I took a sharpie to my palm and left a little dot. Or (this is my favorite metaphor) a one-fanged vampire bit my palm....

Amber said...

Ouchie, that burn looks incredibly painful. I hope it heals up with minimal scarring.

Cute fish, I love the bright blue stones too.