Tuesday, May 6, 2008

happy birthday to me

Feeling kind of quiet today, but figured I should post something, since it's been almost a week.

We had a good weekend in Springfield. Saw friends, shopped just a little, had some good restaurant food, went to the First Friday Art Walk (a thing where you walk around and visit various downtown art galleries, enjoying free food and wine!), enjoyed a Springfield Symphony concert (Broadway tunes) in beautiful Jordan Valley Park, had dinner out with much of my family (It turned out to be a surprise birthday dinner, complete with a cake!), and went to ArtsFest on historic Walnut Street. A rather whirlwind weekend!

I'm having a pretty boring birthday, but that's OK. I've even done some very non-birthday things, like cleaning the toilets and tub and Windexing windows, but they needed to be done. Tonight, I'll be watching American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, so I'm looking forward to that. As you get older, I think it's really the little things. :) I just don't need a big hoopy-do for my birthday anymore! I have gotten many lovely cards and a package from Brian's parents, including a really cool necklace and vase. Tomorrow is Brian's birthday, and we won't even hardly see each other, between his job and night class. Alas. Such is life, I guess.

I think I might go take a nap!

1 comment:

J said...

Happy Birthday to you, Amy-friend! Might have to pick you up something good while I'm in Chi-town. :-)