Thursday, April 24, 2008

what i baked

I made chocolate-dipped chocolate chip shortbread. I though it turned out quite well, though no one at the MOPS meeting said anything about it being yummy, so I wonder if people didn't like it. Hmmm. Or, since it had the firm, solid consistency of shortbread but I didn't really tell anyone what it was, I wonder if they thought it was a severely over-baked batch of bars or something. Oh, well!

Got my new driver's license today, after having the old one for 6 years. I actually lied about my weight and had the woman change it to 150. I figured that since that's my goal-weight, it would motivate me. And, hey, it's only a little 14-lb. lie! Furthermore, if I do get down to 150 anytime soon, I would hate for my license to say that I weigh more than I actually do for the next 6 years! Surprisingly, the picture turned out really well - I actually look lovely on my DL! How often does that happen?

Tried to take a nap this afternoon, but never really went to sleep. I have such a hard time napping! I wish I could do it, but I can almost never actually get myself to fall asleep in the middle of the day. I just lie there in a partially-awake state, my mind going a mile a minute. Ack! So, I'm sort of tired. At least the sun's out now, after a gloomy morning of rain and thunder. Tonight: yoga and parenting class.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

That shortbread sounds so yummy. I love shortbread, and when you add chocolate, I can't think of anything better. I might have to get that recipe from you.

Hope you get some sleep!