Wednesday, April 23, 2008

will wonders never cease?

I, Amy Jane, am actually baking something for tomorrow's MOPS meeting! I know, I know. Try to contain your astonishment. :) The funny thing is that I am actually quite capable of baking and cooking and usually achieve good results; it's just not something I'm terribly interested in doing very much. Sometimes, though, I get the urge, and today is one of those times. I'm not going to say what it is that I'm baking, though. I'm a bit superstitious about that - it's a new recipe that I've never tried, so I'm not going to tell anyone what it is until I'm sure it's turned out OK. Wish me luck!

Went to kickboxing today and had the usual sweat-fest. That class is so intense! I always feel great after it's done, though. Moist, but great. :) And Nick enjoys playing in the kid room while I work out. Not much going on the rest of the day, though Nick and I might go to the park later, since this is the day that Brian has his evening class. He left the house this morning around 6:30, and won't be home until probably around 9 p.m.

The rest of the week should be pretty full of activities: tomorrow is MOPS, after which I have to go to the DMV to renew my driver's license. It's weird, because the last time I had to renew it was 8 years ago! The funny thing is that I actually weigh what it says now. :) Tomorrow night will find me going to yoga and then to the parenting class I'm participating in at my friend Jeannie's house. And I'm beside myself, because new episodes of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy are starting tomorrow night!!! Yay! I'll have to record them, but will be able to watch them Friday evening, so I won't have to wait too long for gratification.

Friday will include playgroup and a trip to the commissary for whatever groceries I need, and I might even get crazy and cook dinner on Friday (This depends largely on whether I've lost any weight or not. If I have, I'll be more inclined to "cheat" a little.).

This weekend, we might take Nick to Miner Mike's, this huge indoor funplex (think Chuck E. Cheese's, only bigger) in Osage Beach. And Jutta and I are planning to go to Mass together at the local Catholic Church - we'd like to check it out and see how we like it. Speaking of Catholicism, my niece Gillian will be celebrating her first communion this weekend!

The weather here has been nice and warm (upper 70s), so I've been wearing short sleeves, shorts, sandals, etc. I'm loving it! It's more fun to wear summer fashions when your body is nice and toned. :)

There you have it: the Amy update. Fascinating, eh?

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

You have piqued my curiousity I really want to know what you are baking. Sounds like you are doing really well. I loved hearing about all your splurges. I wish i could go shopping with you! I need some new summer digs!!