Saturday, May 31, 2008

i'm a swinger

Last night, we drove the 20 miles to Rolla. We had dinner at Panera, and then we went to this amazing park there - the Lions Club Park. Locals, if you haven't been there, you need to GO! It's fabulous. There's tons of play equipment for the kids - everything you could dream of. Plus, there's a beautiful man-made (I'm assuming) lake with a fountain and bridges, and lots of trees and a nifty walking trail. Every time I go there, I just feel happy. Anywho, there is a big swing set very close to the bank of the lake, and you can swing whilst looking at the water and feeling a slight mist from the fountain. Nick turned his nose up at my idea of swinging, but I didn't care - I just hopped right on a swing and started pumping my legs. For a few moments, I did something that I rarely do - I simply got lost in the moment, savoring the feeling of swinging higher and higher, feeling the mist on my face, tilting my body back and gazing up at the clouds, and forgetting everything else. The world just fell away. It was awesome! I felt like a kid again, and I have decided that every adult should swing now and again. So, if you haven't swung lately, you need to become a swinger like me. :)

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

I agree wholeheartedly! Lately, Danny has gotten really into swinging and just last night he told me to swing with him. Normally, he wants me to push him, but someone at school must have taught him how to pump his legs. It was really refreshingly fun. Bike riding is like that for me too. No matter when or where I ride, I feel like a kid on an adventure!

Amber said...

I love swinging! That park sounds gorgeous. I must say I would rather be in MO than South Texas right now. We are already hitting highs in the triple digits.