Tuesday, May 20, 2008

to amber and patty

Alas, there is no photo. But, I will make sure to get one the next time I wear the sundress. It is really cute, with a faboo pattern comprised of various shades of blue, green, and brown. You guys are so sweet and supportive! Amber, I have been thinking of you a lot lately, because I know your due date approacheth. How are you doing? I am a terrible person for not calling you, but I love you still. Patty, I was so glad to finally get a comment from you; your "silence" lately had me a bit concerned. Just busy? Ditto on the not calling but loving. :) I am such a lucky girl.

I must admit that I've rather been feeling sorry for myself lately, what with my Jutta-friend leaving next week and the summer stretching boringly out ahead of me. :( I've gotta get out of my funk and find some ways to fill the time and have fun. The last thing I want to do it sit around moping about Jutta, but I'm afraid that will happen at least for a little while.

Jutta and I went on an extensive walk today - I am really trying to grab every last moment that I can with her. It was great - the weather was absolutely gorgeous, and we just walked and talked, in perfect harmony. For the final stretch, I left her behind while I jogged to her house, then waited for her on the porch steps. We went inside and talked even more, while enjoying baked goodness. It has occurred to me that her departure could be good for my waistline, if nothing else. :)

I'm in for the rest of the day, just TCB around the house and looking forward to watching Idol and Dancing with the Stars. We'll probably take Nick to the park when he wakes from his nap - can't waste this beautiful weather!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Having friends move or moving away yourself just sucks. I made a mommy friend down here that just moved last week and I am way bummed too. Not to mention I still miss hanging out with you.
Your dress sounds gorgeous and you must take a picture next time you wear it.
I am feeling like a beached whale these days. It doesn't help that it's already hotter than hell and it's not even technically Summer yet. Oh, and joy of all joys, if this baby doesn't come at least 3 days early Daniel won't be here. How's that for a massive preggo woman gripe. Blahh. So, I am not such a happy person to be around at this point, lol.

Patty O. said...

That is so hard. Just when you start to develop a relationship that you really enjoy, they move away. I feel your pain.

Sorry for my "silence." Things have been pretty busy these last 2 weeks. Mostly, I have been having a lot of dentist and foot doctor appointments. I am trying to clear up all my loose ends before Danny is done with school. This morning I have to get a crown on my molar, which I am completely dreading, but that's life.

I sent you something for your birthday. I am not sure when it should get there or if there will be a card with it....Sorry again about it being late. I wrote your birthday down in my b-day book, so I should be better in coming years. I am determined to be better about it. I even forgot my brother-in-law's birthday this month. Need to get a grip.