Wednesday, May 7, 2008

happy birthday to brian

Well, today is Brian's birthday. His birthday is just about as exciting as mine. The weather is awful today - all gloomy and rainy and thundery. He's 43 to my 34. Despite the nasty weather, Nick and I sallied forth to WalMart to pick up a balloon and cake for Brian. I was going to just get him one of those little individual cakes, but at the bakery, I decided I might as well get a big cake that he could share with all his coworkers. Why not? I had them decorate it with "Happy Birthday, Brian". We secured the birthday goodies and took them to the band hall, getting rained on a goodly bit in the process. Brian was surprised and really appreciated it, so it was all worth it! And his coworkers were more than happy to have free cake. :) We hung around for the duration of his lunch break, and are now home for the day. It will be a rather long, lonely day, since Brian has class and won't be home until maybe 9:00.

I hate to be a downer, but honestly, May is not shaping up to be a very good month for me. I mean, I had a totally anticlimactic birthday, I'm bummed out by this weather, my best friend is going to be out of town for a week, Brian will be out of town for 4 days at the same time, preschool is ending, MOPS is ending, and my best gal pal here is moving away. :( So, I'm just going to wallow in self-pity a bit, and there's nothing you can do to stop me! I just don't think that the upcoming weeks are going to be one of the best times of my life. Pessimistic view, I know, but I've never been a glass-half-full type of person. Who knows, though? It always seems like just when you think you know how things are going to be, life goes and surprises you. So, I'm waiting, life - surprise me!

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Amy,
Wallow away, girlfriend! Hey, I had an idea; I know it is really spontaneous, but here goes. I don't know how far you are from St. Louis, but I thought only like 2 hours like I am. How about we try to meet in St. Louis while Brian is away? I could maybe take Danny out of school and we could go to the zoo or something like that with the kids. If not, maybe we could swing something like that this summer. I still want to come visit you, but have been having difficulty finding a free weekend, what with all our home projects, etc. Anyway, I would love to meet you in MO.....

Patty O. said...

Oops, I just realized that nick will still be in school the week Brian is gone, so maybe the zoo wouldn't work after all...