Thursday, May 8, 2008

3 ringy-dingys

In the past couple of days, I have had three very interesting/unusual phone calls! First of all, a woman I know called me and asked if I could tutor her teenage daughter in geometry. I was very flattered that she thought of me! I explained that while I understood and did very well in geometry and enjoyed it a lot, it was 20 years ago that I actually took the class. I said that if she was willing to take the risk that I wouldn't be able to help her daughter, they were more than welcome to come over. So, they're coming by tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck!

Secondly, my Jillies-friend called me (we haven't actually talked yet - she just left me a message) and said she'd like to come visit for a couple of days next week! Yay! I literally haven't seen her in 5 or 6 years, so this will be quite a treat. This definitely makes my gloomy month of May a bit cheerier. It was such a delightful surprise to hear her voice!

Thirdly, I just had a long, juicy chat with my cousin Jessica tonight (she's 6 years my junior). She is originally from St. Louis, and there was a time when we were quite close, but she has lived in NYC for the past several years, so I hadn't seen her in a long time or even really talked to her. Well, she has just moved back to St. Louis, and it was so wonderful to talk to her and reconnect. I'm so excited about seeing her this summer, and am really looking forward to attending her wedding on Halloween. It's going to be great to just be back in each other's lives more.

So, the telephone has brought me some real joy the past couple of days. I wonder what it will bring next...

No comments: