Wednesday, May 28, 2008

a fond farewell

This evening will be bittersweet, because we're having Jutta and her family over for dinner on their last night here. I can't believe that tomorrow, she'll be gone forever - I'm pretty sad about it, and I know that tonight will be difficult in a way. I hate goodbyes! And Jutta has been such a good, dear friend to me that saying goodbye to her will be particularly upsetting. I will miss her terribly, but I know that she'll be very happy to be back in Germany with her parents and other family.

Just in case anyone cares, tonight's menu will consist of:
- sweet & sour cranberry chicken
- citrus and baby spinach salad with feta, cashews, and a citrus vinaigrette
- warm wheat rolls with lemon-dill butter
- iced tea with sugar and fresh lemon wedges
- dark chocolate mousse with whipped cream and strawberries
A fruitylicious menu, to be sure! :)

Tomorrow will be a hard day for me, as it dawns on me that Jutta is really gone. I will sorely miss her as I take my walk tomorrow - it was always so much more fun with her by my side. I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it, and look forward to visiting her (maybe next summer)!

3 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

Sounds like a yum-o dinner! Good luck tomorrow, it is so hard saying goodbye to friends.

Susie

Patty O. said...

That menu sounds delish. I think I may have to ask you for your recipes!! Especially for the chicken and the mousse. I didn't know you could cook like that. Is it just that you don't enjoy cooking normally?

I am sorry about having to say goodbye to Jutta. That is just so hard!

Amber said...

Wow, I bet that dinner was fantastically delicious! Sorry about the sad goodbye though. I did get your email and will get around to responding soon, thanks for thinking of me.