Monday, May 26, 2008

we are fa-mi-ly!


This is a picture of me and my cousin Jessica, taken yesterday during our visit to St. Louis. I had not seen her in about 4 years, and it was so wonderful to spend time with her again! We just took up as though we had been seeing each other every day, with much laughter and snorting. :) She is 6 years my junior, and had been living in NYC for the past several years. But, she just moved back to St. Louis and will be getting married on Halloween. We also got to meet her fiance, Brian, which was nice. It's funny how we both picked Brians! It will cause some confusion in the future, I'm sure. It was also great to see Aunt Karen and Uncle Jim (Jessica's parents - Jim is my mom's brother), and cousin John and his kids, Claire and Evan. Claire is just two months older than Nick, and the two of them had a blast playing together. Jim and Karen are quite the connoisseurs of yummy wine, and they plied me with a faboo dry red. I had a bit much, and ended up with a lovely buzz for a goodly portion of the afternoon, which made me even more fun to be around than usual. :)Those Klinglers are a hoot even when I'm sober, but when I'm a bit drunk, they're a barrel of monkeys! We all talked and laughed and shrieked and snorted, and by the time we left, I just felt so warm and fuzzy. I really love spending time with them. I'm so glad that Jessica's back and that I have the potential to see more of her now.

In funny Nick news, we ate watermelon there, which he kept calling "waterlemon." He also kept calling his cousin Evan "Heaven," which was hilarious. He would say things like "Where's Heaven?" or "I'm gonna go find Heaven". Also, at one point, he very matter-of-factly referred to his sandals as "mandals," which is what Tim and I call men's sandals. I didn't even realize that Nick had picked up on that! Little pitchers...

Today, we're just sticking around the house and planning to do such exciting chores as waxing the car, vacuuming, etc. Hope everyone's having a nice long weekend!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

You look fabulous!!!