Thursday, May 15, 2008

a loverly day

Despite the gloom, rain, and chilly temperature, I've had a really nice day so far! I took Nick to his last day of preschool, and then went to meet Jutta. We had planned to go on a walk outdoors, but the weather forced us indoors to the walking track inside Davidson Fitness Center on post. We walked for an hour, and I even added some bursts of jogging and sprinting, totalling close to a mile. I was really proud of myself. I have NEVER been a jogger or runner, and used to avoid it like the plague. But lately, I've been finding myself actually willing to jog, and even enjoying it. Strange, I know. Perhaps I'm ill. :) We also had lots of great conversation during our walk, as usual.

After that, we went back to Jutta's house for the customary faboo German baked good and tea. Even though the woman is leaving the country forever in two weeks, she still had a baked good prepared! It's astounding. The time we spent together today only served to remind me just how much I will miss her friendship (and baked goods). We visited at her house for quite some time, and then I left to pick up Nick. I got myself a Southwestern salad at McD's on the way home (yum!). Now, Nick is napping, and I'm doing laundry, paying bills, and (obviously) blogging.

Tonight, I have Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy, and Brian will be home! This really is shaping up into a good day. Hope you're having the same...

No comments: