Tuesday, August 14, 2007

random ramblings

My Dad was here for the past couple of days, which was nice. Brian had to go out of town overnight, so my Dad stepped in to keep me company. :) We took Nick bowling, which was really fun. I did quite well - a 159! I had 2 strikes and about 5 spares, which is nothing to sneeze at. I'm a pretty good bowler, but I'm just not consistent. Nick even did pretty decently with the bumpers, and got a few spares by sheer luck.

I also took my Dad to the commissary so he could stock up on some stuff. I like taking him places, but he moves so slowly, and sometimes I find myself getting very frustrated at the pace. :) But, I just need to remind myself that there's no fire and no bear chasing me! :)

We ate out while he was here, but I did quite well. At Wendy's, I had a 5-piece chicken nugget and a baked potato, and at Cracker Barrel, I had a grilled chicken breast, corn, green beans, and just 1 biscuit with jam. What a departure! I'm really proud of myself. It's pretty much impossible to keep my online food journal when I eat out like that, but I'm hoping that I didn't go over too much on my calories. For the next few days, I'll just be hanging out around the house, so I should be able to get back on track. But this weekend, I'm going to Springfield, so I don't know how that's going to go. My Dad just doesn't have appropriate food, and I don't love the idea of taking a bunch of stuff with me. And, we tend to eat out when I'm there. I'll just have to make the best choices I can.

Two days ago, Angela and I tried this new Denise Austin dance aerobics video, and it was pretty fun, though very difficult at times to keep up with all the new moves. We had enough hubris to do the whole 55 minutes, and now I'm very sorry. I'm so incredibly sore!! For the time being, when I do that video, I'm only going to do 30 minutes of it. I need to work up to the whole thing. That's typical for me, though - getting all gung ho and biting off way more than I can chew. When will I learn? Tonight, we're going to go walking.

I'm getting really concerned about my singing gig on Sunday, because I'm STILL hoarse, and my singing voice is nowhere near back to snuff. At this point, I'm afraid I'll have to cancel, which really bums me out. I love the song I'm supposed to do (Mozart's "Laudate Dominum"), and I just really want to be able to do it. Sometimes it's so frustrating being a singer and having my "instrument" be susceptible to stuff I have no control over. :(

My poor child is having a bad day. I think he's just full of way too much energy, since he hasn't been outside in ages due to the extreme heat. He's just very contrary, disobedient, and quick to cry today. This heat wave has got to break!

Tomorrow is preschool orientation....

No comments: