Monday, December 29, 2008

quick post

I'm embroiled in the Christmas aftermath (laundry, processing gifts, getting rid of old toys, etc.), but I just wanted to jump on and tell everyone that we had a very nice Christmas. It was great to spend time with family and friends, and to see Nick's delight at his gifts. And yes, I ate way too much decadent food. :)

It's good to be home, but I feel like I have a million things to do and can't quite catch up. I doubt that I'll be taking down any Xmas decor this week or weekend - maybe Jan. 10 and 11?

I hope you all had wonderful holidays, and are fully recovered. :) As you can see on the sidebar, I have set several goals for 2009. What are YOUR goals?

5 comments:

MissouriMormonMama said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas ( : I'm still working on outlining goals. We just cancelled our TV service, so one is to be tv-free for at least 6 months (movies and such are still ok ( : ). I'm also going to be working towards that big thesis, and what with having a baby and moving, I don't know if I want to set any other goals or not ( : We'll see.

Susie

Amber said...

I like your goals, way to put it out there.

I'm with you on the Christmas aftermath, stuck there myself! Perhaps I'll catch up in a week or two. I still need to get my end of the year greetings in the mail. Thankfully we went easy on the decorations this year so it's all put away already.

Anonymous said...

Ok so maybe I am just sheltered but I don't think I have every heard "embroiled." Interesting word. My goals are to survive through the rest of this pregnancy and then I am going to try this plan called "You are what you eat." I kinda started it before but then I got pregnant and well yeah. I also plan on going back to the gym. I miss it so much and I know how much it will benefit me. Thanks for being such an inspiration! Watching you has helped me believe that I can do it myself! =)

Patty O. said...

So glad your Christmas was nice. As for goals, I have kind of quit setting New Year's Resolutions. I am sure one of my goals later in the year will be to get back in shape, but with a bowling ball for a stomach right now, it is hard to even contemplate that possibility.

I think my goal is to continue to simplify my life and make choices that make me feel better and healthier (emotionally as well as physically). I have been working on saying no to engagements and requests when they are not good for my family or for me and it has been liberating. I still have a long way to go, however....

bernthis said...

Hi. Found you through Pancakesgoneawry.com. I too, have so much to catch up on and I need to give myself a break and realize I'm not going to do it all at once.

Happy New Year (I too was asleep before midnight)