Friday, December 5, 2008

tgif

Not much exciting to say today, so I just figured I'd ramble a bit. :) I'm happy that I maintained my weight this week - yay! Lately, I'm feeling rather tired and frazzled, but it's the holiday season, so who isn't? I just feel like I have a million things to do, and I can't stay on top of it. I even cancelled my plans to go to a play tonight, because I just wanted to stay home and get stuff done around the house and chill with my boys. I'm REALLY dreading the week of December 15, because after getting back from Springfield on the 14th, I'm going to be launched into 5 days of extreme busyness, including Brian's battalion Xmas party, two Army Band Xmas concerts, Nick's preschool Xmas party, a MOPS meeting, Nick's preschool Xmas program, etc.! I'm really looking forward to Dec. 19, actually, because after that it should be smooth sailing through Christmas.

Today, I had to take Nick to the hospital for a "sports physical." Yes, to do a little soccer workshop thingy, even a 4-year-old has to have a physical beforehand. So, it was a pointless appointment to begin with, and to make matters worse, we were at the hospital for almost 2 hours! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Nick was incredibly charming and loquacious, and the nurses and doctor loved him, which helped take the sting out of the long wait. At one point, someone said the word "dehydrated," and Nick said "That means you need to drink some water!" The little smarty. Nick is healthy as a horse. His only problems were an almost imperceptible heart murmur and excess ear wax, for which we got drops. :)

Well, it's time to go and get to work. I think that I can finish my Christmas cards tonight, which will be nice. Then, it's on to gift prep, etc. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

Two houts? I would have been tempted to walk out, but I guess that would have accomplished nothing. You are lucky that Nick is so patient!

Anonymous said...

My little nephew is so smart and funny. Will you come and help me work around my house. I still don't have all the ornaments on the tree. I can't take it anymore! I'm so ashamed!!