Thursday, December 18, 2008

finally - a chance to just take a deep breath

We just got home for the evening, and......it's all over! All the craziness of this week is now behind me, and I can just chill out and relax. Granted, I still have plenty to do, like wrap gifts and other stuff around the house, but I don't really have any actual plans, and that's awesome. From now until the 24th, there's just not much going on, and that's fine by me. On Sunday, I'm just going to sleep until I wake up (can't do that the next two days because I must go to fitness classes), and it's going to be glorious!

So, this evening we attended Nick's preschool Christmas program, and it was absolutely precious! I will admit, at the risk of being mocked, that I got a little teary. Hey - it was my baby's first school program! The kids were on risers on the stage, and they all had on these Xmas sweatshirts that they had decorated with fabric paint, and they sang (OK - yelled) a selection of cute Christmas songs, complete with hand motions. Nick did OK - he sometimes lost his focus and spaced out, but for the most part, he did the words and hands. This one girl, Sarah, was hysterical - she was completely into it, and did everything not just perfectly, but with such alacrity that it cracked me up the whole time. At times, she even looked angry because she was so focused on yelling the correct words, and all of her hand motions were extremely exaggerated, yet still accurate. After the program, I got a really cute picture of Nick flanked by Sarah and Riley, another classmate. I will share that pic, along with some others from the program, soon. Brian videotaped the whole thing, and his parents are just going to eat it up! Absolutely priceless.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

No mockery here. I totally cried on Tuesday during Danny's preschool program, and this was his THIRD one.

Your description of Nick's program sounded so much like Danny's. He did really well, but at times he spaced out too. I don't know if it was all just a bit overwhelming... Also there was a girl right next to Danny who was so into it she made me laugh. She was fiercely focused and full of enthusiasm.

The only bummer of the whole experience was Charlotte kept yelling Danny's name and trying to get to him, so Bil had to take her out. Oh well.