Monday, December 15, 2008

my weekend, in a nutshell

I'm a bit short on time today, but wanted to do a brief post about my weekend. I started off my visit to Springfield by accompanying Tim to the historic, beautifully restored Gillioz Theater to see White Christmas on the big screen. I had actually never seen this movie (I know, I know!), and I absolutely LOVED it! What a great way to spend the evening. ("Sisters, sisters....")

Saturday morning, I accompanied my sister-in-law, Gayle, to the Y, where we jogged a mile and then took a step class. It was a good workout! Saturday afternoon, I had a rehearsal at NACC, and Saturday evening, my Dad and I did a very small amount of shopping and had big, sinful burgers at Red Robin.

Sunday morning, I was up bright and early for the first service at NACC. Both services went very well - both the choral music and my solo. So, I was pleased! My Dad and niece came, as did my friend Katherine, who lives in my town. I was so honored that she travelled to Springfield to attend the service. After the second service, Dad, Maddy, Katherine, Tim, and I went out for sushi, and then Dad and I went to see the Springfield Chamber Chorus in concert. This group is absolutely outstanding, and has the highest standards of musicianship, tone, etc. Suffice it to say that I cried several times during the concert (certain moments in choral music make me spontaneously tear up) - at the end of one particular piece, I just had tears rolling down my cheeks. I plan to audition for this choir when we move to Springfield! The city has always needed this type of choir, and I'm thrilled that it finally has it.

After the concert, I got packed up and returned home just in time for Brian to leave to play for a troop return. This morning, I had some flu-ish stuff going on, but soldiered through a dress rehearsal with the Army Band. It went fine. I'm feeling better now, and we're planning to attend Brian's battalion Xmas party tonight, despite the single digit windchills. Tomorrow night is the first of our two concerts (weather permitting) - wish me luck! The next three days are going to be insane; I can't wait until Friday.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Whew, what a whirlwind. I hope the next few days go smoothly for you with no more sickies.

Patty O. said...

Crazy weekend! I keep praying that the weather and your health (and the universe) all cooperate for your upcoming gigs. Knock 'em dead!