Thursday, December 18, 2008

good times

At today's MOPS meeting, we had our White Elephant gift exchange, and the gift I ended up with was a box full of hotel soap, shampoo, and conditioner - hilarious, and so useful! I will totally use it, and I won't have to buy those products for ages. There's like 10 shampoos, 10 conditioners, and a dozen little bars of soap. :)

Nick had his school Xmas party today, and came home with a bunch of loot. I guess all the moms (me included) thought that Xmas pencils were a good idea, because he had 10 of them! Lots of erasers, too. And of course, plenty of candy, which will be rationed out over the next several days.

My Dad spent the night here last night, and after MOPS and preschool, the three of us went to the commissary to get groceries. Right now, Dad and I are chilling out while Nick naps, and Brian should be home soon. This evening, all 4 of us are going to Nick's school for his Xmas program (should be so cute!), and then out to dinner, after which Dad will head home.

And tomorrow, all the busy-ness stops! Yay! I can't wait to just take a deep breath and sleep in.

Oh, I have to share this: The other night, Nick and I were cuddling before he went to bed, and he looked into my eyes and said "Mommy - without you, I'd be sad." I pretty much melted into the floor.

No comments: