Wednesday, December 24, 2008

happy christmas eve!

I must admit that so far, this Christmas Eve isn't so great. I feel really miserable with my cold, and on top of that, I'm now completely exhausted and spacey, because I was up no fewer than 8 times last night, unable to breathe. But, we're going to stick with our plans to head to Springfield this afternoon, because hey, it's Christmas! Needless to say, I haven't exercised yesterday or today as I had planned to, and will be going a full 6 days without working out, which is unheard of! But next Monday, I'm going to get right back in there. It'll probably kill me, but it'll be good to be back in my routine. In happier news, I decided to weigh myself a couple of days early since we won't be here on Friday, and I was at 141! Yay! That certainly cheered me up.

Yesterday, I went back to bed after breakfast and slept all morning, but then I got up around 1:00 so that I could get some stuff done. I made a couple of fruitful phone calls - I switched trash services, saving us $45/year, and I also upgraded to a faster Internet speed. Joy! Then, I set to work making my Christmas treat - cranberry-almond bark. It also has coconut and Rice Krispies, and I made both a white chocolate and a dark chocolate batch. It's really yummy! I was exhausted and felt terrible by about 7 p.m., so I went to bed at 8.

This evening, my whole family will descend upon the paternal home for Christmas Eve festivities, and then tomorrow morning, Brian, Nick, and I will have even more gift opening to do. We plan to visit some friends tomorrow and/or Friday, and tomorrow evening, we'll be going to Tim's for Christmas Dinner. We're also going to try to squeeze in that visit to the Titanic museum that keeps getting put off. And of course, I have a few things to shop for in the after-Xmas sales, such as wall calendars, Christmas cards, etc.

So, this will be my last post for a few days. I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas, and I hope you are all surrounded by family, friends, warmth, and good food this holiday season. Ho ho ho!

No comments: