Tuesday, January 8, 2008

weathering the storms

As you probably know, there was some very dicey weather in MO last night. A series of storm systems moved right up the I-44 corridor, one after another, in a relentless march. There were lots of tornadoes, and 2 people were killed. Everyone in my family is fine, though my Dad is without power right now. There were some scary moments for us - we heard tornado sirens and went to the basement - but everything missed us. We had rain, thunder, lightning, and wind, but the centers of the storm systems seemed to all pass just north of us. Some communities, such as Strafford and Republic, got hit very hard and sustained much damage. Our hearts go out to those people affected by these storms. Nature is certainly amazing and frightening in its random power. Let's not take anything for granted.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I'm glad you and your dad are ok. I am so scared of tornados and rue the day we bought a house without a basement....