Friday, January 11, 2008

30 lbs., take 2

Well, here I am, back at the 30-lb. weight-loss mark again. I'm happy to be back up to 30, and I'm really hoping that I'll keep going like gangbusters from here. It's a little frustrating to look back over the last couple of months and see what a small net loss I've had over that time period. Before then, I had been averaging about 6-7 lbs. a month, but that has gone quite out the window. If I can achieve that average again from here on out, I can still be done by around my birthday in May. That's really what I'm hoping for! I know that by now, you're probably sick of my whining, and don't understand what I'm even whining ABOUT, considering that I've lost 30 lbs.! And to be honest, I sort of agree with you. :) I'm just such a perfectionist, and I hold myself up to very stringent standards. All I know is that I want to see those 3 and 2-lb. losses that I had been having earlier, but I'm having a hard time getting back to that pace. To me, one pound a week just won't cut it! I'm incredibly impatient, if you hadn't already picked up on that. :) But seriously, enough about that.

Trivia for the day: The first person who can tell me which movie has the character Truly Scrumptious wins a prize! I don't actually have the prize right now, mind you, but will commence looking for it as soon as I have a winner.

Don't have much on tap for the weekend. I'm going to finally finish taking down my Xmas decor and do some other domesticity, and I might go to a movie. I also need to watch the new Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy that I recorded last night. Yay!

That's me...

2 comments:

Patty O. said...

The answer to the trivia for the day: "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"!

I am so excited that you lost despite your MOPS meeting food. Way to go.

Now, I have to say one thing to you and I hope you don't mind. Now that you have lost so much weight you may slow down a bit. The less you have to lose, the slower it comes off. Seriously, I have known people who had 100 or more pounds to lose, who lost 3-5 pounds weekly, but that slowed down after they had lost a bit. So please don't be frustrated if some weeks you lose just a pound. I understand the impatience, believe me, but that can be tricky. Sometimes we let our impatience or frustration sabotage our efforts. And what is more important? That you lose it quickly or that you lose it and keep it off? Just keep up the good work and be as excited for your losses as you would be for your friend's weight loss.....Does that make sense?

All I know is we are going to be Truly Scrumptious by the summer, right?

Patty O. said...

P.S. I love your idea of a trivia contest. Bil recently did one for his music lover friends. He downloaded covers of Beatles songs by all kinds of strange and unlikely bands and artists and sent it to his friends. Whoever got the most right won. And the prize? An autographed picture of Don Knotts. Crazy, right? well, we just happened to have the picture on hand because of a Christmas present mixup with ebay and there happens to be some weirdo conspiracy theory that Paul McCartney is actually Don Knotts.....Oh, the things people come up with.