Tuesday, January 8, 2008

a nice lunch

Patty - I'm really afraid of tornadoes, too. I had a very scary night as a young teen, when my parents were out of town and I was home alone during severe weather. A tornado passed near our house, and I've never forgotten it. I'll sometimes have bad dreams involving tornadoes. Those and bugs - eek!

Had lunch with Rick today at Cracker Barrel. It was nice! We just chatted and filled in some more of the past 10 years for each other. Our waitress left something to be desired, but that's neither here nor there. :) Nick was a pretty good boy, but got to the end of his patience before Rick and I did. We would have been happy to stay a bit longer, drinking coffee and talking, but Nick got rather antsy, so we made our way home. Now he's napping, and I'm looking out the window at another incredibly gloomy, rainy day. Harrumph! I'm so not motivated to do anything. I really need to exercise today, though, since I didn't yesterday. Hopefully, the siren song of Sex and the City will be enough to lure me down to the chilly, inhospitable basement. :)

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

I know what you mean about kids and restaurants. the other day i went to lunch with Amy and it was hard to totally concentrate on her when I was watching Charlotte and trying to get her to eat lunch. Sometimes it is just a lot easier to leave the kids with a sitter.

good luck on motivating yourself to exercise. I was proud that I did today--I was so in the mood to take the day off. Instead, I compromised and exercised for 30 minutes rather than 45 or 60. I felt good about that.