Sunday, January 13, 2008

so long, christmas cheer

Today, I took down the Christmas tree, which was our last remaining vestige of holiday decor. :( Kind of sad, but it's nice to have the space back in the living room. The room just looks so bland and colorless now! It's funny, because I realized today that for someone who loves color as much as I do, my living room decor is somewhat lacking in that area. I'll have to see what I can do about that...

This coming week promises to be a good one. First of all, my good friend Jutta is returning from Germany at long last!! I'm beside myself. And then, of course, we have the premiere of American Idol. Tomorrow, Nick and I are going to go up the road to Rolla for some shopping and to visit the train table at the bookstore. While Nick's at preschool on Tuesday, I'm planning to go to a class at a local fitness center that I've been meaning to check out. Brian has a 4-day weekend next weekend, due to Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so we might go to Springfield for a couple of days. We're also going to the 3rd birthday party of a friend's son. Should be a lovely week!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Sounds like a great week. What is the fitness class you are checking out? I have been meaning to check out the spinning class here in town, but keep procrastinating. Let me know how it goes. I have weigh-in tomorrow, so I will keep you updated....